ECONOMIC SPACE AGENCY – A LANGUAGE FOR NEW ECONOMIC EXPRESSION
AN ECONOMIC GRAMMAR CAPABLE OF VALUING THE BIOSPHERE, INTANGIBLES & SOCIAL INNOVATION
The promise of distributed computation unlocked by new implementations of economy
ECSA enables people around the globe to explore the potential of enhanced collaboration. Built for everyone, but executed by those that share our vision: A world in which you know how to keep a promise.
Combining principles of decentralized organization and bleeding-edge post-blockchain technology, ECSA releases the offer of a new economic grammar.
How to place a future in the here and now?
Distributed network protocols need grammar.
The language framing we put to praxis emphasises that protocols are communication agreements. We compose Finance and Organisation in an equally dependant manner. A grammar allows for their interplay.
The ECSA grammar is rules for rulemaking – to which every one can have access, and with which every one can be creative.
Grammars are a means of specific forms of coordination not only in computation, but in natural language too. Here, the ECSA grammar creates an interesting conjunction. Instead of the necessity of a central state, or global clock towards its ends, it shares a language. Delivered as protocol, it allows the unfolding of multiple conversations at the same time and their calibration into each other.
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO SHORT THE CULTURAL-FINANCIAL ASSET IN DECLINE, CALLED CAPITAL?
The core philosophy behind ECSA is that by offering financial instruments that are interoperable with distributed apps and secured by Gravity’s computational substrate, we can create a new era of an open source economy that enables prosperity for all.
What is Economic Space Agency
How will we do it?
- The ECSA Stack
- Tools to open up new framings of value expression, and liquidity
- Big Put Strategy: incentives for investors to short capitalism. It enables them to buy the right to off-load one’s exposure to the capitalist calculation of value and gain exposure instead to the value forms of the future.
What is the ECSA stack?
With a shared vision of a cyber-social composition, the ECSA Stack utilizes cryptographically distributed computation to open up new framings of value expression, and liquidity.
Gravity: Distributed Runtime that provides secure computational containment, serialization, persistence, networking, and hardware interfaces to be utilized upwards throughout the ECSA stack. Gravity’s highly scalable protocol does not rely on a globally shared clock and provides strong security, fail recovery and high availability. It ensures network wide consistency, and enables distributed atomic transactions.
Space: As a network programming environment and interoperability grammar, Space’s composition bends the notion of economic protocols: Space allows for a seamless understanding of governance and economy.
Economic Space: Creates new distributed markets and distributed organizations from the ground up – equipped with a set of financial tools sourced and backed by the network: A coordinated set of relations enable new compositions of ownership. Risking with network-backed derivatives.
Our Protocol Organization ECONOMIC SPACE AGENCY initially launched in 2017 as Corporation and Foundation ECSF in Zug, Switzerland.
ECONOMIC SPACE AGENCY arose out of the groups longstanding dedication to decentralization. As counter-investment bank for the precariat, ROBIN HOOD Minor Asset Management began its activities already back in 2012. A massive dynamic data-mining algorithm titled ‘Parasite’ had been the result of extended research and exchange with activist groups and radical thinkers. The ‘Parasite’ followed all transactions at the U.S. stock exchanges, made databanks of market actors, deconstructed them from individuals into dividuals to extract their most important knowledge and capabilities.
An expansive, commons-led palette of financial-organizational tools was in the making.
With the first year, the value of our portfolio rose 30.74%. With this result we were the third best hedge fund in the world. After the second year, we were up 40.15%.
Soon we realised that we want to reach for new territories and take ROBIN HOOD’s concept one step further. The team moves to California and joins forces with Benjamin Lee (New School, New York), Robert Woznitser, Dick Bryan and Ed LiPuma. After Jorge Lopez joins the team, it becomes clear that these new organizational missions deserve a new vessel: the ECONOMIC SPACE AGENCY is born.
In 2016 the ECSA team moves to Oakland, US to live and work in a shared house. The ECSA garage becomes soon the place significant crypto folks wants to visit and play: Metamask crew, Holochain, Brett Scott, O-Cap, Secure Scuttlebot, Singularity Net, Ethereum people are frequent visitors.
In 2017, our conception of the ECSA Stack, and particularly Gravity converges with Mark Miller’s and Bill Tulloh’s expertise. Finally, ECSA and Mark Miller realize that their plans are divergent and should be treated separately.
A phase of extensive research in 2018 leads to new conceptions of ECSA’s protocol, and eventually, to public readings of the ECSA White Paper draft. The famous Author Kim Stanley Robinson recognized ECSA’s special role in the crypto-sphere and joins the ECSA White paper reading in Berlin, 2019.
In the same year, we were invited to touch base at Haus der Statistik Berlin – a building with a significant history for cybernetics. In close collaboration with Statista Project, Economic Space Agency opens a permanent Lab on the premises of this reclaimed site of economic-organizational experimentation.
- 01/2012 – Robin Hood Minor Asset Management, a decentralized hedgefund, established as the team’s first attempt at re-engineering finance 05/2012 Presentation of Robin Hood’s Parasite at Kassel Documenta(13)
- 12/2012 – Founder Akseli Virtanen fired from the University because of Robin Hood. Explanation: “Robin Hood is potentially dangerous to the reputation of the university”
- 09/2013 – $100k Granted by Kone Foundation for development work
- 06/2014 – Robin Hood team moves to California. Collaborations with the Bruce Initiative for Rethinking Capitalism (UCSC) and the Volatility Working Group in NYC (Benjamin Lee, Robert Woznitser, Dick Bryan, Ed LiPuma). Their members join the now emerging ECONOMIC SPACE AGENCY
- 03/2016 – Economic Space Agency established. Jorge Lopez, former partner of Mark Miller, joins the team.
- 08/2016 – The ECSA team moves to Oakland, US to live and work in a shared house. The ECSA garage becomes soon the place significant crypto folks wants to visit and play: Metamask crew, Holochain, Brett Scott, O-Cap, Secure Scuttlebot, Singularity Net, Ethereum people are frequent visitors.
- 01/2017 – The first round of seed investment. The Econaut Cyber Partnership formed. Skye and Laura move to the house. Erik and Joel join the team.
- 05/2017 – Space white paper first draft. Mette filming the documentary in Oakland.
- 05-09/2017 – Working closely with Mark Miller and Bill Tulloh on Gravity white paper
- 08/2017 – Economic Space Foundation founded in Zug
- 01/2018 – The new monetary perspectivism of Economic Space Agency at Stockholm School of Economics
- 05/2018 – Cryptoeconomic Working Session I at NYU/Stern Business School. Mette filming the documentary in NYC.
- 08/2018 – Public presentation at Berlin Biennale ECSA team moves to Berlin
- 09/2018 – ECSA Protocol Organization, iteration 1
- 10/2018 – The ECSA Stack presentation at Starfish San Francisco
- 01/2019 – Collaborator Round I. First Grants to ECSA Team Association
- 03/2019 – invitation of Haus der Statistik to erect a permanent residency: the ECSA lab Berlin.
- 04/2019 – First draft of ECSA Economic white paper with Kim Stanley Robinson in Berlin
- 03/2019 – University Stanford working sessions
- 04/2019 – Conception of use case: Statista Coin for Haus der Statistik Berlin
- 09/2019 – Economic white paper release: Protocols For A Distributed Economic System